Instructor: Farida Abdul Halim, Surena Sabil
The aim of this course is to introduce the perspectives, context and practices of careers as well as career development in organizations. Among the topics discussed in this course are
- Differing views of careers from an individual's perspective as well as from an organization's perspective
- Key career development theories
- Steps in developing an organizational career development system
- Related career concepts.
- Selected current issues in careers
The following texts are key to understanding this course better:
- Greenhaus, J.H., Callanan, G.A. & Godshalk, V.M. (2010). Career Management (4th ed.). Thousand Oaks: Sage
- Brown, D. (2004). Career Choice and Development (4th ed.). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass
- Liebowitz, Z.B., Farren, C. & Kaye, B. L. (1986). Designing Career Development Systems (5th ed.). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass
This OpenCourseWare@UNIMAS and its related materials are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.